Friday, January 16, 2009

Coupon Tragedy

I went to Albertson's on Monday to get some more of the things that were in last week's ad. I had gone on Saturday and they were out of all the things I wanted. I put my coupon book and Adele in the cart and then I realized that the seat belt was broken. I moved her to another cart but I accidentally left my notebook in the original cart. I went to look for all the items on my list and they were out of every one of them so I ditched my cart and left. I got home and realized I didn't have my precious coupon book. I drove BACK to Albertson's and looked all over the place. I even walked through the whole store peering into people's carts to see if someone had picked up the cart with my book. I thought I was losing my mind. Finally I gave up and left my phone number and the description of my lost item with the customer service desk. About an hour later they called me. They had found my coupon book outside in a cart that was in the cart return. I was so relieved. I have done a LOT of work to get that coupon book organized and I would have been so sad to lose it.


2 comments:

Megs said...

Man I HATE discovering we have left some vital thing behind! I thought we had left Sam's Giraffe at the store and almost had a heart-attack, he has to sleep with it! But luckily we found it. I am so glad that there are still some honest people out there!! Yay Albertsons! Whew! All that work gathering the coupons and organizing them, I'll bet you were stressed! I am glad it worked out!
And that sticker on Adele is probably a good idea, she is so cute you might be constantly bothered with offers for her if people don't know where you stand! :D Although if she were ALWAYS wearing underwear around her neck and swinging a knife around....um, yeah- you won't be annoyed with offers! :D

Nat Lud said...

Ooh, that was close! That would not be good. Glad they found it!