Thursday, March 19, 2009

The IBV Speaks

Last night I was thinking I needed to get on my blog and post a comment about how another way I knew it was spring was that the evil dog over the fence has begun its spring and summer-long barkfest. My inner blogging voice was composing a post about how it barks day and night. And that every time we eat chicken when the kids suggest that we give the bones to the dog next door Kent and I look at each other with an evil grin and wish we could do just that. I was also thinking about revealing how evil I really am by making the comment that I have the phone number to animal control and I am not afraid to use it. (Again. Yeah, that call last year was me.)

This morning as I was running on the treadmill my inner blogging voice was speaking again (wow, 2 times in 2 days). This time it was about the video montage that is my life. Now maybe the reason my life broke out into a montage was because I was listening to "Eye of the Tiger". (Kent would be ashamed for me to admit that I have never actually SEEN any of the Rocky movies... I am kind of a dork that way. I have missed most of the epic movies of pretty much every era...) But, anyway, isn't there a workout montage to "Eye of the Tiger"? Not that MY life montage was a workout montage. It was just a life montage that involved running on the treadmill, cooking, folding laundry, driving around, and the Teletubbies jingling their tummies when they bump them and honking their bums when they fall. And this was the montage that was going on in my head with an occasional getting-the-kids-out-the-door-to-school sequence and some random playgroups thrown in just for variety. Oh, and the diapers.

5 comments:

crazymama said...

You are never going to believe it! I have been thinking about my montage lately too. I haven't come to a definite decision about what song though. I've run a few different scenarios. I was going to dedicate my post to you--Go Film Class!!! (Tatum)

Keri said...

I seriously have been thinking about you lately, and wanted to see how you are doing! I hope all is well, and things are a little better! I'll call you sometime to check up on you!

Nat Lud said...

My IBV talks to me too but I never remember what it says. Bummer about the neighbor's pet. Hate annoying animals!

Megs said...

I think my IBV is totally mute. I have really wanted to update my blog quite a few more times than I have actually posted since the beginning of the year...but nothing seemed blog-worthy, ya know?
Oh, I remember that lame dog!!! Geez, it sure does bark all the time! Annoying!
It is amazing how alike our montages would be...except w/o the treadmill part. *sigh* :D I really would love to get a treadmill, but first I have nowhere to put it and...$$$$!!! I want to go visit my family in N.Idaho this summer and I don't think we could afford both. Sad, huh?!

leenie said...

You have a gift of making anything and everything interesting - I love your blog!