Sunday, November 1, 2009

Update

Time to change the blog colors again. The orange has got to go. It's hard to believe November is here. So, here's the update:

I have been such a blog slacker in October that I must do better this month. (Not hard to do, I already have 2 posts this month and only had 3 all of October.) I have not only been a slacker on updating my blog but reading others' blogs too. I caught up on a bunch today and I have to admit that I can't help but feeling a little bit bad because it seems my life is nowhere near as fun as the lives of all my friends and family. I guess that could mean two things: I need to WRITE about all the amazing things I do, or I need to do more amazing things. I think I need to do more amazing things and take my camera. Mostly we just do the daily things like go to the park and the library. Nothing too exciting. I also need to do a better job at listening to my IBV which has started whispering to me just a little bit.
  • Adele is following in the footsteps of her older sisters regarding naps. Something in their little brains tells them they are 2 now and that means they no longer need a nap. I put her to bed every day. She sleeps about 1 day in 3. The other days she completely destroys her room. She takes all the clothes out of the drawers, pulls any wipes she finds out of the wipe box and pretty much makes a huge mess. Here's what we found today. Only she was buck naked when Kent went in to get her. And there were wipes everywhere.

  • Adele has also learned that she can take the garbage can/diaper pail from her room, move it to any location in the house and use it to reach things that are normally not in her reach. This is very bad.
  • I have been helping out in Elise's class every week. I really enjoy seeing her interact with her friends and her teacher. And I know who she is talking about when she says that "Denim did this" or "Denim did that". In fact, "Denim" is so often doing something interesting that Ian almost always asks Elise what "Denim did today". This is the first year that I have really been able to help in Elise's class so it has been really fun.

2 comments:

La Mujer Loca said...

Lucy does the same thing. I am constantly find her naked or near-naked. I've never had a child do this. Help!:)

Michelle said...

I love the new blog look! How funny about Adele! She must be quite the adventurer. And I think your life is totally exciting!!! You do the most amazing things. I wish I could be just like you. =)