I haven't updated in awhile so here goes:
I went to the dentist today and everything looks good. The sonicare toothbrush I have been using has really been helping with my gums. All my pockets had shrunk (that's good, for those unfamiliar with gum recession and periodontal problems). Elise has to go in for an extraction tomorrow because one of her permanent teeth isn't in the right place and the root of the baby tooth isn't resorbing. For some reason my kids have a hard time losing their baby teeth. The permanent teeth either grow in behind the baby teeth or on the sides. Our dentists make a lot of money from us on primary tooth extractions. Ian has a dentist appointment on Thursday. So it looks like we'll be at the dentist's office almost every day this week.
The story Elise wrote for Reflections won second place in the district. We have a medal ceremony to attend on Thursday. She was so excited to win second place out of 252 entries.
Adele's pajama fixation seems to be cured and she hasn't been insisting on wearing pajamas 24 hours a day. She will usually let us get her dressed now, although she does take her shoes off all the time. Usually I have to get them on at least 2 times before we go anywhere.
I have started scrapbooking again. I am about 2 years behind in most of my kids' books. Somehow I found some motivation and I have done 5 or 6 double page spreads in Adele's book. I have 2 more to go in her book and then I'll move on to Ian's book.
We got a new tv and hung it on the wall in our bedroom. I got tired of never being able to watch tv because my kids were always monopolizing the tvs in the house. So for a late Christmas present we bought ourselves a new tv and Kent hung it in our room. I love it. LOVE it.
2 comments:
Good for you with scrapbooking! I've got to get started on Jenna's still. Takes a lot of time, that's for sure. Way to find the motivation! Good luck at the dentist's. And I'm sorry Elise had such an owie accident! Feel better soon!
Scrapbooking is a daunting task. I haven't scrapbooked since 2004 and it makes me sad. :( I think its awesome you are tackling the task of catching up!
Post a Comment