He had an excellent birthday complete with his first friend party (and we made it count!)
The invitation. (Made by yours truly.)
Our lightsabers
The guests (this was the first time I have ever had this many little kids at a birthday party. I think it's the last time too. It was fun but just a BIT crazy.)
We decorated made lightsabers, played Jedi, Jedi, Darth Vader (duck, duck, goose), hot potato, decorated and ate cupcakes, and of course opened presents. One of the favorite presents:
Yep, a jar of pickles. I told one of the moms of his friends that he loved pickles more than just about anything and that he'd love a jar for his birthday. It was a very coveted item at our house since everyone here could eat pickles all day. Look at that smile. That's happiness.
After the friend party was over we made Ian's requested birthday dinner: Little pizzas. He wanted everyone to be able to make their own pizza.
Then more presents and more cupcakes! What an awesome birthday!







2 comments:
Happy Birthday to Ian! He is getting so big and old. We miss seeing all your kids. =(
That is too funny about the pickles...it made me remember one year for Christmas growing up when each of my siblings and I got our own jar of pickles from Santa! That was a good year! LOL! My kids would probably love that too...ha ha! :)
Post a Comment