It has been a really long time since we have taken our kids on a trip. The last few times we have planned to go we have been thwarted by the weather. Linda, my darling sister won some tickets to a cooking show from the greatest cooking blog ever: ourbestbites.com . I happen to know Sara and Kate from OBB so I was very excited to go. (Don't worry, I will do a a post about the show). We met Kate for dinner at Brick Oven and Sara stopped by after dinner to pick up Kate. We had to pose for a picture:
There was an awesome balloon-maker. (What is the politically correct name for THAT job? Balloon Artist? Balloon Sculptor? ) I have never seen such elaborate balloon creations. He said he could make something like 250 different (or 350?) balloon creations. And he was the author of a balloon book. A balloon SCULPTING book. Oh, and the pizza at Brick Oven was the best pizza I have eaten in a VERY long time. Sooooo much cheese...
I took oodles of photos on this trip and it was pretty packed with stuff, so I think I should summarize with some highlights and some pictures.

We went to a little pond in Salem to feed the ducks. And swat at "midges" (Thanks biology lady. Knowing what they were called didn't make them any less annoying, however). Awesome picture huh? Getting 7 little kids to cooperate for a picture isn't easy. Instead of picking the best one I picked the funniest one. (And all of them were bad.)
It was a gorgeous day! I love the mountains in Utah county.
My crazy kiddos. I didn't even tell them to make funny faces. I guess it comes naturally.
Other highlights:
- Going to the "Bean Museum" on BYU campus (Bean Life Science Museum)
- Getting to hang out with my awesome sister Linda
- Eating BYU Creamery Ice Cream (I forgot how yummy it was. I even had a sample of "Sparkle Sherbet" for old times sake. At BYU they serve a drink called "Pink Y Sparkle" at pretty much every banquet/party etc.
- Buying "squeaky cheese" at the Creamery. (Which reminds me... is that still in the car???)
- Seeing Sara and Kate in action (but I will talk more about that later), and getting their cookbook (thanks Linda!)
- The van breakdown was not a highlight.
- Going shopping at Old Navy. (They had the best camis on sale for 5 bucks with adjustable straps. YAY!)




1 comment:
Thanks again for coming up! It was so fun!! Wish you lived closer...
Post a Comment