Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lagoon!

We had been wanting to take our kids to Lagoon forever so we finally decided to do it.  The first noteworthy thing to happen was that when we were standing in line to buy tickets a girl gave us 4 discount passes which ended up saving us almost 20 bucks per ticket.  We were super excited about that because we both had been searching online everywhere for coupon codes or something we could use to make the tickets less expensive.  

The weather was kind of cloudy when we went (big surprise) and we got rained on a few times but we had a lot of fun. The kids went from ride to ride, so excited for some, and so apprehensive to try the others. After the big girls went on "Roller Coaster" they were pretty much ruined for all scary-looking rides. (And who names a roller coaster "Roller Coaster"? Really. Can't you think of something better than that?)


Another interesting thing that the kids learned is that they don't actually like ferris wheels.  For DAYS before we went to Lagoon they kept talking about going on the ferris wheel and how excited they were. I told them that I actually kind of hate ferris wheels because they go up so high and I hate it when you get stopped at the top.  They begged me to go on it with them so I did.  They hated it.  The one at Lagoon isn't a swing type chair but a round enclosed chair thing that you can actually spin with a wheel in the center. I didn't think it was that bad but they were TERRIFIED of the slightest movement or spinning, especially when we stopped.





This was Ian's favorite ride.  It was so funny when he rode it the last time instead of sitting by Elise and Emilia he went to the back row and started talking with the people back there.  I guess the back row is the most fun.  So much for teaching the kids not to talk to strangers.




Elise decided she does not like roller coasters

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute pictures of your kids! I SO wish we could have gone to Lagoon with you guys. Especially since you rocked the discount tickets! Way to go! Maybe we can go in a few years when Jenna is older.

chelsea mckell said...

I AM SO MAD AT YOU! Lagoon is like 10 minutes away from us! You should've called!!