Kent was working at home today and came upstairs for a little break while I was canning. He immediately grabbed the camera and started taking pictures of me canning. Apparently he thought I should blog bout this. So here you go. There are few things that make me feel more domestic than canning. Probably because my grandmas and mom all did it. Of course they were very domestic. I guess it makes me feel kind of grown up. Not that having a husband and 4 kids shouldn't be enough or anything. But for some reason I always feel domestic and productive when I can stuff. Maybe because there is a product there at the end and I have something to show for my hard work. Too bad that while being extremely domestic and preserving "food for the winter" the rest of the world around me seems to fall apart. The kids get neglected. The house gets neglected and messed up. But at least we will have peaches to eat this winter.Adele was my "big helper". She actually spent about an hour playing with jars and the little jar-picker-upper thing. Why do I buy toys? Why?
Ah, tasty peaches!


1 comment:
Yum! We LOVE peaches here! I need to teach me all your super domestic skills!
Post a Comment