I just learned a new word. I looked it up for the woodpecker post that is located just below this one. As I was thinking about what to call this post I realized that woodpeckers aren't the only ones that have deleterious offspring.
Deleterious- adjective
Definition: causing harmful or damaging effects
Synonyms: destructive, harmful, damaging, pernicious, noxious, toxic, injurious (I also use pernicious later. I like that word.)
Antonyms: helpful, salubrious, advantageous
Tips: Deleterious comes from the Greek word deleterious, "noxious." In its modern usage, it can mean that something is noxious and therefore harmful to someone, or simply that something is harmful or destructive, without necessarily being noxious.
The inspiration for this post came when I was in my office cutting gum out of Adele's pillow pet and I looked over at my desk and saw the rotary cutting guide/ruler that Adele broke the other day. She was jumping on it and it snapped in half. Moments later Kent called me into to Adele's room to ask me if I had seen the next item. Exhibit #2.
Exhibit #2 Crayon marks on Adele's bedsheets. Nope. I had not seen it. It must have been freshly drawn today.
THEN, as if that wasn't enough, I was walking out of Adele's room and saw that she had drawn on the molding outside the door. ****BIG SIGH***
Good thing I still have 2 brand new magic erasers. We are gonna need them. Never mind that she is 4 now, and most kids have outgrown this "drawing on the wall and everything else" phase.
And the night she got gum on her pillow pet (I think it was Halloween night) she also got it in her HAIR and we had to use the old PB trick to get it out. I think someone wanted my last kid to go out with a bang so we didn't feel like maybe we should have had more kids. Adele counts for 2 thank-you-very-much.
Deleterious.



1 comment:
Oh no! Adele! We have had a little bit of that going on with Jenna lately. I think she coming into the deleterious age...
Post a Comment