Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm ALIVE!

Yeah.  I haven't blogged forever and now I am finally playing catch up.  I hadn't realized that it had been SOOO long since I blogged!  I guess my Inner Blogging Voice has just been covered up by my Inner You-Have-A-Lot-To-Do-To-Get-Ready-For-Christmas Voice.
  • All my presents are bought/made, wrapped, and shipped.  Whew.  I have been sewing fleece pajama pants for the kids, some doll pajamas for Adele's new doll and a blanket for Adele.
  • I actually sent out Christmas cards this year (*gasp*).  I hardly ever do but I was bullied into it this year.  And I am glad because there are some people out there who don't read my blog (shocker!) so they never get a chance to see how the kiddos are growing and how many more wrinkles Kent and I are developing.
  • I made fudge today. I felt really proud of myself. I love fudge but I have feared making it since the Christmas of 2000 when I tried to make it and failed.  It was all grainy and gross.  All the years after that I just hoped someone would give us some.  This year I got brave and made this recipe.  Just leave it to my bffs Kate and Sara to save the day again!  Today I declared fudge to be my favorite food.
    Then I went and ran 5 miles on my treadmill to help mitigate the fudge-damage I have done today.
  • My great friend Amy won't be able to make it to our house for Christmas and we are all really sad about that.  She has spent many Christmases with us over the last 8 years and this may only be the second or third time she won't be here.  (Amy, we will miss you soooo much this year).
  • Adele has been trying to be obedient lately.  She is very determined to stay off the "naughty list".  She has done a pretty good job too.  She hasn't cut her hair, drawn on the walls or anything truly destructive since last time I blogged about her drawing on the wall.  Her main offenses continue to be stealing other people's treats, gum etc. or eating ABC gum out of the garbage can.  (EWWW).  She has been really sweet lately and I am really trying to enjoy her because this is a fun age.  She is really growing up fast and I am kind of sad to see all my babies grow up. 

1 comment:

Kat said...

1. I don't think I've ever been involved in bullying before, and I think I kind of like it.

B. I'm sorry, but I totally LOLed at Adele chewing ABC gum. That is disgusting. I hope you're able to snap a picture of her in the act before she grows out of it.

3. I laughed SO HARD at my Christmas card envelope. You're so funny, Lieyzsa! (and fudge is so my favorite food. But I haven't done any 5 mile-running to make up for it. Crap.)