Thursday, August 16, 2012

School (At last!)

August 16, 2012:  The first day of school. 

 Lest they should make me sad and wish they weren't going back to school, on August 15 there was lots of fighting, whining and overall uncooperativeness (is that a word?) and grumpiness.  It wasn't just my kids.  We had a lot of friends (mostly younger ones) come over to play that day.  Several of the friends were the same way.  The kids all fought.  The boys teased the girls, the girls teased the boys.  I decided that  they were behaving that way because they were READY to go back to school.  (WOO HOOO!)


The pictures where I told them to smile.  Elise was making her "Hurry up mom, I gotta go to the bathroom" face because she had just told me to hurry up because she had to go to the bathroom.

How they really felt:
 Ian:  YAY! (mostly)  Elise:  BLAH!  (mostly) and Again, "Hurry mom, gotta go..."


Emilia:  HOLY COW!  THIS BACKPACK IS SO HEAVY!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love your cute kids! Hope you are enjoying life while they are at school. What's Adele doing these days??