On Wednesday afternoon Ian had a friend over. They were having a great time playing spy ninjas and monkeys. Not at the same time. Not like cowboys and Indians. Spy ninjas and monkeys would make an interesting game. Anyway, they came in to get something and then went back out and I asked them what they were doing. They said they were playing monkeys. I was just happy that they were playing outside. I didn't see much of them until dinnertime when Ian was saying his arm hurt. He didn't want to eat because he couldn't bend his arm to hold a fork. I asked him what happened and he said that when they were playing monkeys he fell out of a tree. We did the usual thing when you have a hurt kid-- asked him where it hurt, had him move it etc. We didn't think it was broken but I was remembering the last time we had a broken bone (also Ian) and we didn't take him to the ER until the next day. My intuition told me to just go in to instacare. So I did. And he had a
supracondylar fracture of his humerus.
 |
| So they put a splint on it and put him in a sling. He is having way too much fun with this. |
 |
| The next day we went to the Orthopedic Dr. and got a cast. |
 |
| And now he has this awesome thing to wear for the next 4ish weeks. Showering is FUN with a cast. |
1 comment:
Maybe it is back to the baths???? That is how I grew up. Taking baths because I broke my arm so much. Good luck Ian. We love you.
Post a Comment