 |
The birthday boy and his birthday boiled eggs. With candles. |
We celebrated Ian's 9th birthday last week with the typical, traditional birthday activities: candles in the breakfast, getting picked up from school and taken out to lunch, and getting to pick the birthday dinner and dessert. Ian's birthday was on a Tuesday, and on Tuesdays I help in Adele's kindergarten class. Her teacher has a son (Bryce) who has the same birthday as Ian. I had forgotten this and she mentioned something about it when I was there. I then got the idea that it would be fun to invite Bryce to go out to lunch with us since it was his birthday too. His mom said that was ok and I asked Ian if he wanted to go by himself or invite Bryce to come with us. He thought it would be fun to have Bryce to come. Ian wanted to go to the hospital to get lunch with Kent for his birthday lunch so we went there. He had chicken strips and Bryce had pizza. They felt pretty cool, being out to lunch on their birthday. I also got a great idea from Bryce's mom when we were talking. She said that she always gives her kids the option of having a birthday party or taking the money she would have spent on a party. I thought this was a brilliant idea and decided to start doing that. I offered that to Ian and he was ALL over it. So, he decided to take the cash and skip the party. (Good choice buddy!)

 |
| He kept doing this funny mouth thing and wanted us to get a pic of him looking like he was blowing out the candles. |
 |
| Remote control 4 - wheeler. |
No comments:
Post a Comment