So, Monday was a holiday. President's day. Ian had started feeling not-so-good on Sunday afternoon and by Monday was fully febrile and had body aches and a white patchy throat. I called Instacare. They were closed. (Go figure. What the heck is the point of Instacare if they are closed all the time on Sundays and holidays? They have the cushiest non-urgent careish schedule of any urgent care place I have ever seen.) Lucky for us our dr. office was open and could get Ian in. I must back up a bit for a second though. Since our house is in the middle of being sold, we had a house inspection and appraisal scheduled for Monday. We were technically not supposed to be there during the inspection so I took all my kids with me to Ian's dr. appt. The big girls stayed in the car while I took Adele and Ian inside. They examined him and decided that he had strep, gave him a shot in his gluteus maximus (because it was easier than having to remember to take antibiotics for 10 days, and provided a faster recovery too) and we were on our way. Ian was so weak and got very dizzy on the way back to the car. He decided to lie down in the elevator and I told him to stand up. 50 paces later, just barely out the door, he threw up in the parking lot. And again right next to the car. Poor guy was not doing well. I texted Kent to see if the inspector had been to the house yet. I was supposed to be gone during the inspection but I really wanted to get Ian home since he felt so sick! I found out that the inspector hadn't even been there. After we had gotten home, he finally showed up, over 2 hours late. THIS, my friends, is why I can't wait to be done with this whole house selling business. People are often so inconsiderate of people's lives and homes and schedules when they are doing house showings and inspections etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment