Sunday, October 12, 2014
Alicia
I babysat Alicia for a few hours this week while Kathy did some substitute teaching. Usually Alicia is pretty cooperative but this time she was so agitated and had a hard time settling down. She gets really fixated sometimes and can be really hard to redirect. I was finally able to get her focused on something. But of course, she doesn't do anything halfway. She got every last book from Adele's bookshelf and piled them on the couch. It did keep her occupied for several hours though so it was worth it. It has been good for my kids to have the opportunity to interact with Alicia and learn some compassion and acceptance for people with special needs. And it's pretty funny when Adele is fighting with her adult cousin who is stealing all her stuffed animals and blankets. It's good for her. Because she doesn't have any younger siblings who take her stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I would let Jenna do that too if it occupied her for a couple hours! Totally worth it. :)
Post a Comment