Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekend trip to Las Vegas (from NOVEMBER!)

The sequence of this actually works out ok since the post just before this (or after if you are actually on the physical blog) is about Ian's birthday, which was also in November.

Let me explain why I am posting November news now:  I had a little mishap with my blog printing and ended up printing more of my blog than I wanted to. I normally print just a year at a time but this last time I printed it into a book I ended up printing almost, but not quite 2 years.  So all the stuff from the end of last year was in the book and should not have been.  So now I don't want to put posts in between other posts that have already been printed because I want them to be printed in the next book.  So things are just going to be sort of random til I get caught up.

So, back in November I arranged a trip with Kent to Vegas for our anniversary. I posted a quick thing about it and the Blue Man Group, which we went to see.  Kent had a bunch of pix on his phone that I didn't have for awhile so they never got posted.  So here they are.

Freaky eyeball balloon from Blue Man Group show
The Hoover Dam was really cool.  We had planned to take our family there several years ago and went to Las Vegas and took our kids to Circus Circus to play in their fun dome.  That night Ian developed croup and we ended up leaving the hotel super early in the morning and just going home.  We plan to take our kids here sometime in the near future.  Just a side note:  My grandpa Nelson spent time during the Great Depression helping on the Hoover Dam project.  I don't think he did construction on the Hoover Dam but he worked in one of the mess halls, feeding the workers.  I am not 100% sure on this but I think this is where he lost his pinky finger.  I will have to check up on that to make sure.








No comments: