We have been up to:
Piano lessons x 3, dance lessons x 1, kids in school x 4, part time job x 1 and college classes x 2. And we just started soccer x 2 and we have been babysitting an extra kid after school x 1. And we have Let's Play Music x 1. And YW x 2 and scouts x 1. And sewing classes x 2 I think that's it. So, basically instead of blogging I have been driving around all over the place and doing homework (not housework... that's another story.)
It has taken me a bit of time to figure out what my college path will entail. Since I am non-traditional, there are a lot of questions about the classes I have already taken, what will count, what I have to take etc. The problem is that 1. most of the classes I have taken only count for electives so I have to re-take several classes (which is dumb) and 2. The people at SUU don't know what to do with my situation. Literally. I go there to talk to *insert person here* and they say, "you need to fill out this form/go talk to someone else/write a letter/call the secretary blah blah blah...". Then I do that and the run-around just keeps going on with the next person referring me to someone else who fills in another piece and then passes me along to someone else. It has been quite frustrating really. I think I finally have things figured out though so now I'm on the road. I'm actually more than just on the road. I have completed one class (a re-take actually), introductory psychology. I did it through BYU Independent Study. Right now I'm working on statistics (blargh) also through BYU. This summer I decided not to attend SUU because the classes are SO dang expensive if you take them one by one. Instead I have 3 more BYU classes to take online during the summer and in the fall I will start at SUU and be ready to not have to pay for classes a la carte there. I'm almost halfway through stats. I will be glad for that. I don't find it to be fun at all. And I keep thinking, "who would choose to study this for their life? UGH!" I have requested my 2nd exam and hope to get that taken next week. Sometimes when I am slogging through regression lines and residuals I think to myself, "what have I done. I'm totally crazy to be doing this". And then I repeat in my mind what I have told myself many times: I don't have to do it all today. If everyday I do what I have to do "today", then in 3 years I will be done and will have conquered this. And just in case you are wondering, next fall I am going to have all the kid stuff but I won't be working part time or doing sewing classes. That should free up a few brain cells, hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment