Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Passing of the Granny Gear

 Traditionally, when one of the sisters had their 40th birthday we have showered them with gifts fit for a granny.  All sorts of stuff that people tend to need as they age.  Denture cream, prunes, granny panties, cat sweatshirts, etc.  As the youngest sister it was always very fun and enjoyable to be on the giving end of such presents.  Unfortunately my time for receiving has come.  The last day of my spring break we met in SL and had dinner at Cheesecake Factory (and experienced the worst and slowest service I have ever, ever, ever seen).  The food was good and the cheesecake was amazing, even if it did take about 2 hours for dinner.   Yohanna brought us all squeaky cheese and Gossner milk from Logan.  That was definitely the highlight of the trip! After dinner we went to the hotel and I was bequeathed the traditional granny panties and cat sweatshirt, along with a few other great and exciting gifts such prunes, Depends, Altoids, and of course a lovely turban, fit for a bald granny.  The weekend was fun but really quite a whirlwind.  I dragged Amy up with me for my torture birthday party.  Amy had come to visit us during our spring break and stayed for several days.  This granny party was kind of organized quickly and at the last minute.  I hope she didn't mind too much being a witness to this crazy tradition.  One thing that was different this time though was the lightening speed photo uploads to Facebook.  I'm pretty sure some of the pics of  Carol made it to Facebook, and maybe Linda, but mine were literally uploaded within like, 20 seconds of being taken. I was trying to be a good sport about it but, honestly, it is definitely more fun to be the disher and not the taker.

No comments: