Yesterday was a momentous day. It marked the first time one of my kids told me that they hate me. I am sure it was only the first of many, because we still have many years to go before the kids are to and through the teenage years.
I gave Elise a time-out for hitting Ian. As she was headed toward the chair she said, "I hate you." very quietly. "What did you say?" I asked her. "I hate you" she said. So I added 2 minutes to her 6 minute time out and sighed.
Later, after her time-out was over she came up to me and very reassuringly said, "Mom, I don't hate you right now. I only hate you sometimes. Sometimes I love you and sometimes I hate you." Great. At least she doesn't have a difficult time expressing her feelings right?
3 comments:
Yet one more thing I have to look forward to. I'm having major flashbacks of how awful I was to my parents...and now it's almost my turn. Uh-no.
Ditto what Kat said. Just reading that made realize how mean i was to my parents.
That little stinker. I love that you very happily added on two minutes to her time.
Post a Comment