Monday, August 11, 2008

I Feel Like I am Moving and Dead Camera

I talked to our contractor this morning and he said we'd be starting the demolition of the kitchen tomorrow. Being unprepared for this to take place, I spent the whole entire day cleaning out my kitchen. I had to take everything off the walls, remove the curtains and of course pack up all the dishes. My kitchen and living areas look so bare. It really feels like we are moving. It is kind of weird actually. I moved everything down to our storage room and into my office. We are setting up a temporary kitchen there. Hopefully we can get the fridge down our bendy and narrow stairs. I have a waffle iron, a griddle, crock pot and I am going to borrow a hot plate from a friend. The only thing I am really lacking is a sink. I have a feeling that doing dishes in the bathtub is going to get old reaaaaally fast.

I got my camera out to take some pictures of the bare kitchen and living room. Unfortunately I think it is officially dead. I am not even getting pink and melty. Just black and liney. I was really looking forward to taking pictures of the destruction tomorrow. I guess I will just have to use my cell phone. (NO!!!!!)

2 comments:

Ginger said...

oh washing dishes in the tub...oh oh oh...your back is going to kill not to mention how seriously un-fun that sounds in general, go paper as much as possible!

Megs said...

You are a better person than I am with all of your cooking accoutrements downstairs...PB&J, turkey sandwiches and take out would be my answer. Oh and as for dishes in the bathtub?...forget the environment- paper plates/cups/bowls all the way!!! tee hee.