Sunday, November 2, 2008

Good News

I have a couple items of good news:

1. We bought a new camera. Our old one officially kicked the bucket last week and wouldn't even turn on. We bought a new one at amazon.com and I hope we will get it early next week. When we get it I am going to make the kids put their costumes back on and pose for a photo or 2. Hopefully our Jack-o-lanterns will survive a few more days before they get all moldy because I'd like to take a picture of them too. I really liked the way mine turned out this year. I have a lot of things to catch up on once we get that new camera.

2. The fruit fly trap is working great. I got a plastic "solo" cup and put some OJ in it (with a drop of soap to break the surface tension to make the flies drown). Then I cut a piece of press 'n seal wrap and put it over the top and punched holes in it. The fruit flies love to hang out on the top of it and they do occassionally venture inside. I took a rough count of the little floaty flies and counted about 40. There are still some flying around but our numbers ARE getting smaller. I should probably change the juice in there but I think they actually like it a bit more fermented and "fragrant".

2 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Yay for the destruction of fruit flies! Hope they all perish this week!

Anonymous said...

Your killin' me with the fruit fly news! How funny! Hope you have a great week and nothing else BUGS ya! Ha, Ha, Ha!