Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Ian!

Ian turned 4 last week! I waited to blog about it because we went bowling last night as part of the celebration and I wanted to have pictures to blog with. Unfortunately I forgot to bring the camera for the bowling trip so I don't have any photos of that.

We went to Winger's for Ian's birthday dinner. We had actually been planning on going to Wendy's because that is what Ian wanted for his birthday dinner. Instead of having a friend party Ian decided he wanted to go bowling with the family and Amy (my best friend/old college roommate). I called the bowling alley to find out if they were open for regular bowling and they said it was league night. So, we changed the plan and decided to go to Winger's since it would take longer and we had a free kids meal coupon for Ian's birthday.

All the kids were really good at the restaurant and we had a good time. After that we came home for cake and ice cream.


Last night we all went bowling and we had a great time. There were lots and lots of very interesting people there that night (and I am sure every night). The lady in the lane to the left of us to us kept videotaping her family bowling and we thought that was a bit interesting. We learned later that she had a son on a mission who loved bowling. Hopefully he enjoys watching video of his BROTHERS bowling as much as he enjoys bowling. The people on the right of us were also recording their bowling adventures for posterity including several close up photos of the scoreboard. I am not sure why. I guess I was the loser of the night who forgot to bring the camera.

We (the kids) realized that REAL bowling is not nearly as easy as Wii bowling, and that it is really hard to bowl even WITH the bumpers and the ball ramp. I'd love to tell you the final score but unfortunately we didn't get to finish our game. We rented the lane for 1 hour (family night special) and our hour ran out when we were in the middle of the 10th frame. And no, they didn't let us finish. No, there weren't any other people in line and yes, I was annoyed. See if *I* ever go bowling THERE again... The kids seemed to have a good time though so it was a fun night even though we didn't get to finish.
Here are some pictures of my sweet Birthday boy:








Happy Birthday Buddy!

5 comments:

Mica said...

I never knew Ian had so much DARK hair as a baby! Wow...it sure changed a lot when he was a toddler, huh? What a cutie! He looks like such a big boy now! Oh, and your apron is adorable....you are so talented!

Nat Lud said...

I can't believe all that hair! he is sure a handsome fella. Aren't boys just something special? I sure adore mine and know you feel the same about Ian. Sounds like a fun day!

Megs said...

How in the WORLD did Ian turn 4 already? So strange, it seems like just yesterday he was a tiny little toddler! What a cute little man he has grown into! Happy Bday, big guy!
(a pock upon greedy bowling alley owners)

Team Furnival said...

Not fair you look so great after just having a baby!

La Mujer Loca said...

Four already?!? Where has the time gone? He is a cutie-pie. You're lucky to have him in your family.