Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spinning

And no, I'm not talking about this:

Or this
No, I am talking about THIS:


Today I tried a spinning class just for fun. And it WAS fun. But I can tell you that only serious, serious people can hack spinning. It KILLS your legs. KILLS them. When I got off my bike I could barely walk. We're talking total Jell-o legs. I CAN'T wait to see how my poor little leggies feel in tomorrow. My ischial tuberosities hurt today and probably will tomorrow too.


Despite the pain, spinning is awesome and I want to become one of the "cool spinners" who can actually turn up the resistance when the instructor tells you too. Maybe I'll even get to the point where I buy the special shoes that clip in to the pedals. Who KNEW that special spinning shoes existed??? I DID make a couple of small purchase for my spinning purposes. My vanity and desire to fit in overcame me as I looked around and noticed that not ONE person in the class besides me had ankle socks. No. They all had the low cut, barely visable socks. S0, I am back in Jr. High worrying about "fitting in" and not being a dork. Oh, and I bought some towels too. Because all the "cool spinners" bring towels so when the sweat drips off your face you can wipe it away. I personally didn't sweat THAT much because, well, I was going SLOW and with minimal resistance. There will come a day though that I will actually need that towel....

5 comments:

Kat said...

Lol, I actually had bruises on my tushy for a WEEK after my first class. It hurt to sit down for DAYS. So, just something to look forward to. A towel is a must for me, not because of sweat, but to cover the handles...they kill my hands! Good for you for going (and once you go no-show socks, you'll never go back!)

Krista Dodd said...

I knew it! I love spinning too and that girl has fun music! It takes around 3 weeks for your bum not to hurt when you sit on the bikes. If you can make it I will see you on Monday morning!

Krista Dodd said...

Hello Again! I dont have your ph number to call and tell you that girls night was switched to Shanettes house. Sharina can't be there till 10pm. Hope to see you there!

Marcy said...

SO proud of you! But again, your post scares me. I can't walk after doing a set of lunges with my trainer...so uh, I don't know if my poor body can handle spinning?! I'm a wuss.

Oh and way to go on the socks! You crack me up :)

prRiggs said...

I love it! You're hilarious Lisa. It does hurt at first, but after a month you'll be cranking up the resistance. It's such a good workout!