Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pets

We finally caved and got some pets. But only because Amy is letting us borrow her fish tank and it was just sitting in our basement. The kids are SO excited to have pets. Even if they are goldfish and don't have a terribly long life expectancy.


We have already noticed Goldie (Elise's) acting strangely. Our bet is that she be will the first to float. She doesn't play well with other fish and she likes to hide a lot. Treasure (Emilia's) and Epona (Ian's) seem to get along well and hang out together a lot.

Ian named his fish Epona after the horse in the Zelda Ocarina of Time game. He LOVES when Kent plays Zelda for him so naturally he chose a name from Zelda. I just learned that Epona means "great mare" and is the name of a goddess who was a protector of horses and mules. Sounds like a good name for a fish right?

3 comments:

tinybubbles said...

ohhh, poor Goldie! I hope the other fish stop being so clickish!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the fish Lisa! I like Ian's choice of the name. =)
Thanks also for letting us stay with you last weekend. We had sooo much fun and hope to be able to see you guys again soon!

Megs said...

I have thought many times that it would be good for my kids to have a pet to take care of...
then I remember that I would be in charge of reminding them of feeding said creature and I am lucky to get the house remotely clean each day, plus they forget to water plants, let alone feed a pet! ugh. Although remember we had that beta fish forever?!
- maybe there is hope for us yet! :D
LOVE the names, your kids are so freakin' awesome!!! ;)
Good luck on Goldie's lifespan!