- The girls just started piano lessons again. I used to teach them but they were averaging about 2 piano lessons per year and that just wasn't going to cut it. A gal in my ward is their new teacher. They have only had 1 lesson so far but I think it will be good. It is hard to remember to practice. We need to get into the habit.
- My girls are also taking art lessons this year from my good friend Kirsten. I trade piano lessons for her 9 year old. In not too long she'll get too good for me to teach and then she'll have to get a "real" teacher.
- Ian started preschool (which reminds me, I need to take some pictures of him on his, um, 7th day of school and post them... I guess I dropped the ball on that one didn't I? It is true what they say you know about the first kids getting everything and the last kids not getting anything.) He loves his new teacher and seems to be really happy to have a place to go. He gets bored being at home with me all the time. I have been enjoying a little quiet time as well.
- Adele is speaking in sentences now and she says things like, "I want some milk" and "Go play with Ian". When she wants a drink she asks for a "drinky winky" (Too much teletubbies perhaps?) and she calls noodles "nonies" (rhymes with phonies). I love this age because they are so cute and funny and you can FINALLY start to figure out what is going on inside their little brains.
- I decided to trim Adele's hair the other day because it was getting all scraggly at the ends and looking bad. I was only going to cut a little bit....but she moved, and I cut more than I meant to. So of course I had to cut all of it that short... and well, it just looks bad. It isn't TOO terribly short, but it IS too terribly uneven and crooked. I am not a great haircutter to begin with and trying to cut a wiggly 1 year old's hair is just really difficult. I think tomorrow I will have to take her somewhere for a little hair repair. Maybe I'll post a picture, maybe not. I feel really bad for making my baby look like a freak. (Ok, not a freak, just making my baby have freaky hair.) Let this be a lesson to me to never take scissors to my girls' hair. I do better with the boy.
- I gave my kids pedicures today. I had my first pedicure about a year ago and it was so much fun that I decided to do it for my kids too. They loved it too and so now we do them every once and awhile. Of course, even Ian gets one. I wasn't going to paint his nails for obvious reasons but he was so sad about missing out on it that I painted his blue. He will be wearing shoes and socks to school from now on and in public, but at least he doesn't have to be left out. I think it is hard for him to be the only boy.
- After a 6 month sewing hiatus I finally got the ol' machine out and made a bag for a friend. I am excited to be sewing again. I am considering making some aprons for a Christmas boutique but I am not sure if I want to do that or not. I have a bunch of stuff I need to catch up on first, but it does sound fun.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Busy
Now that school has started once again things are busier than ever. Here's the update:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
lisa, that looks nasty. I'm glad you've gotten an idea of the problem though. Ugh, rice cheese.
By the way, you should relax, you have been too busy. Bv
Hey, Brian beat me to the comment! It looks like he's probably having a busy day at work...oh, I guess I'm doing this at work, too! I'm sure Adele's haircut looks great...but I know what you mean about trying to cut hair on wiggly kids. It doesn't work when they are sleeping either...been there, done that.
Post a Comment