Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Family Photos

Anyone who know me knows that I really hate getting family photos taken. (Wow, this sounds a lot like the last post I wrote about the snow.) I just hate doing family photos because it stresses me out trying to get everyone ready, fixing hair, KEEPING the hair fixed and the clothes clean and then arriving at the location still looking good. Then there is the trial of getting EVERYONE to cooperate at the same time. It is very difficult. Luckily we live in a digital world where swapping heads from one photo to another is a possibility. We are going to have to do some of that before we print a photo for our wall. I haven't edited any of these yet but I wanted to post some of my favorites. Remember, we will be replacing some funny faces with better faces from other photos.






And this is one that we could just not get to work out. It was such a cool spot on a bridge but Adele had had enough and would not cooperate (the reason I hate family photo shoots, remember?) And of course, Elise is in a funny age where she tries to do nice smiles but they mostly turn out really goofy.
In the spring I plan to bite the bullet and try again. My friend Sharina is an aspiring photographer and she is looking for opportunities to practice. Since it is free for us we will be taking more opportunities and hopefully next time we'll get the PERFECT photo and we won't have to do any photoshopping of heads. (Is that possible?)

6 comments:

kristenita said...

I think they are adorable, even with some of the funny (CUTE) faces. they capture their personalities!
cute fam.
(PS your kids look just like you & your brother brian did 20ish+ years ago!)

Nat Lud said...

I'm not a huge fan of doing fam pics either! These look great though. It's always good to have them to look back on at least. I love the goofy smile pics. They'll be the funnest ones to pull out later to show future spouses . . .

Marcy said...

Darling! I think they turned out fantastic. You have such beautiful kids. Oh, you parents look good too ;)

Michelle said...

Your family pictures are so cute! For all the trouble they are sure worth it. I think your kids are so sweet. We miss them and hope to visit you guys again soon!

Melissa said...

I love getting family pics, even when they don't turn out. It at least captures them at whatever goofy stage they are in! I do agree with the stress part, it's overwhelming. I think the pics turned out really cute!

Ginger said...

I LOVE THE FAMILY PHOTOS! they turned out so great!!!!!