Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Denver Trip: Part Who Knows?

Ok, I really gotta get this done so we'll see if I can wrap it up soon and move on with my blogging life.   After this I think there are just 2 parts left.
Soooo, I left off at the zoo. 
After the zoo Emilia and I went to one of the most exciting restaurants in Denver:  Casa Bonita.  They are known for their great entertainment, cliff divers and disgusting food. I was hoping that the food would have improved in the 20ish years since I ate there last but no such luck.  The sad thing too is that my food was actually cooked and prepared BY Spanish speaking individuals who probably make delicious food at home. For some reason the nasty food is just considered a part of the experience.  Maybe they just want you to eat lots of the unlimited sopapillas. That must be it. 
Here are some pics of the Casa Bonita trip:


Vroom
 See how it says "EMILIA" on the poster?  Too bad can Emilia only find her name on Spanish posters and not on key chains and license plates....
Look, I found that same poster on Amazon.com for sale.  Wow.  (Now the question we naturally must ask is: Who would want a freaky-facial-hair-hombre who is losing pantalones and has an arm that  appears upon first glance to be to a very saggy different body part hanging on their wall?") 
 Btw, profugo means "fugitive" in case you wondered.

If you look really closely you can see yet ANOTHER girl with Soviet hair. This one was at Casa Bonita. Her tattoos went really nicely with her hair.  It was really tricky taking her picture without being too conspicuous.

After Casa Bonita I drove around to some of my old neighborhoods.  I lived in 5 houses in the Lakewood area (that I remember). I went to just the 2 where I lived the longest.  We were tired from eating all that "Mexican" food (and walking around the zoo all day) so we didn't want to drive around forever.  So, here's the house where I lived for 6 years: 

The pine tree is HUGE now, and the house looks so much smaller.

This was the next house where I lived during my Jr. High years. When I was looking at this house it reminded me of Dora the Explorer with her mushroom hair. ( My kids have completely ruined me forever.)

(Swiper NO swiping...)
After the driving around we had to take advantage of the malls and other shopping centers.  It has been a LONG time since I have set foot in a mall (sad but true) and I was shocked and quite sickened by some of the things that were for sale.  Granted, this was a "Claire's Boutique which markets mainly to teens and teeny boppers, but REALLY.  REALLY.  Who buys this stuff?  Really?  I personally haven't SEEN any people wearing fishnet neon gloves anywhere.  Maybe in Denver they do.  I do live a pretty sheltered life, far away from any good shopping centers.

I love her face on these!
Plastic pants anyone?

After a long day of animal watching, nasty food eating, Soviet hair photographing, top-hat headband wearing and dress buying we finally headed back to the S's house for dinner and some air-hockey.  Did I mention how awesome our hosts were? When we were there I wished I could go work in Dr. S's office again.  Those were some good times.

No comments: