Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bead in the Nose: Part 4 -- The BLUE Bead of DOOM.

Yeah. My cute and adorable 2 year old is sleeping in her bed, breathing through 1 nostril right now.  You'd think that that papoose experience of a few months ago would be clearly and indelibly carved into her little brain and that things like beads would no longer be a temptation.  Unfortunately, they are still a temptation. And unfortunately Kent and I were unable to remove the bead on our own. And unfortunately the (useless) Instacare does not have small enough instruments to extract things like beads from children's nasal passages.  Really?  REALLY??? I know my kid is neither the first nor the last to put something small up their noses.  (Perhaps it is time for them to invest in some pediatric-nasal-bead-grabbers?)  Soooo, anyway, we have a desperate bead plucking mission for tomorrow.  I am feeling like I need to banish all beads from my kingdom like Sleeping Beauty's parents banished spinning wheels.

If we have to do the papoose thing again I must take pictures.  Not because I like to capture the memories of my child being tortured, but she needs to know what a little stinker she was as a 2 year old.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I can't believe that!!! I would die if I had to put john or clara in that thing.