Thursday, February 10, 2011

Coco Cay


When people ask me my favorite part of the trip I tell them "Coco Cay".  Coco Cay is a private island owned by Royal Caribbean.  It has lounge chairs and hammocks everywhere and it is as close to an island paradise as I have ever seen. It wasn't crowded, there was beautiful water, coconut trees and all sorts of sea shells and interesting stuff to look at.  I am not sure where the chickens came from but there were chickens.  Not so tropical but amusing.  We had a great time walking up the beach looking for shells and sea creatures, lounging in the hammocks and hiking on a nature trail.  Unfortunately for me my little toesies were not used to wearing flip flops and I had some blistering going on between my toes.  Add some sand and a little salt water and you have some pretty uncomfy sores.
Kent took a picture of me sleeping in the hammock with the chickens running all over the place.   It was funny because I heard the chickens before I saw them and at first I thought the clucking was just a lady with a terribly annoying laugh.  That is what happens when you are only semi-conscious and you hear strange and unfamiliar noises.

That is our ship in the distance.
I could have stayed at this tropical paradise for a very long time.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It is so beautiful there! I am so sick of snow right now. It would be wonderful to go to Coco Cay!!!