We don't have cable but my kids spend plenty of time playing at Nickjr.com. They discovered a show called Oobi that has characters that are played by hands. Their favorite episode s is "Uma's Preschool" where Grandpu (pronounced Grand-POO, kids think it is the funniest thing EVER) promises Uma that he will come back. It is pretty much as lame as it gets with them speaking in incomplete sentences and repeating everything over and over. My kids love it. Uma's best friend at preschool is called Moppy. (I had to read about this on wikipedia because I had no idea who in the heck Moppy was.) So, Adele has sort of turned Moppy (who she refers to as Floppy) and Uma into her imaginary hand friends. Uma and Floppy talk to her. Sometimes when I can't get her to do something I want her to do my hand will become Uma and she will do it for Uma. And she loves it when Uma gives her goodnight kisses.This morning I was gone for about an hour. When I got home my kids told me that "some guy" came over and brought brownies. I couldn't find them in the kitchen so I asked them where they were. They said they saw Adele with them. I asked her where they were. She told me they were behind the chair in my office. The area behind the chair in my office has somehow become her little burrow where she stashes all her treasures and hides things. She also likes to hang out there. I looked back there and sure enough, there was a half eaten plate of brownies. I asked her if she ate the brownies and she nodded Then she held up her hands and said, "It wasn't me, Uma did it, and Floppy! They need a spank". This is not the first time that Uma and Floppy have force-fed treats to Adele. This has happened before. I guess in a way it is true. Uma and Floppy do have a way of getting into things.
No comments:
Post a Comment