Kent had to go to a meeting out of town for work so we decided to go with him and make a trip out of it. We also decided to use this opportunity to do some car shopping. It worked out really great and we were able to get a new van and have some reimbursable "business related" fun. I dropped Kent off at his meeting and spent the day at the children's museum with the kiddos. (And negotiated the details of the car loan while I was trying to keep track of the wild children in the museum. Adele wandered off once but I promise it was TOTALLY not my fault! Luckily there are lots of workers everywhere and one of them promptly returned her to me as I was just beginning to panic.)
We did some other fun stuff on the trip but I didn't get pictures of that: Swimming at the hotel pool, sitting in the hot tub, sneaking Adele on the waterslide.... I also got to visit with my sister Suzanne who stayed in the hotel with us. She had dropped off a couple of her kids at an EFY-type camp and had a few days to spend waiting for them to get finished. We got to see her 3 Chinese daughters and the foster baby that she is taking care of right now.
The next day we stopped at Ikea on the way home. I have to admit that I had never been to Ikea before. Every time I have driven past this store I am have been hit with pangs of longing but never in the past have I had the time or opportunity to stop there. I have been missing much. Love this store. Didn't try the meatballs. Maybe next time. I did buy a new chair for my computer desk which I now sit in when I blog.

And of course, we had to stop and get some lunch at one of my favorite burger joints. It was a quick fun trip and we were able to pack in a bunch of stuff! Love it when it all works out.


1 comment:
Your kids are so cute and they are getting so big! Those pictures made me hungry for Inn and Out! And I'm glad you got to go to IKEA. I've been dying to go while we're in Cincinnati, because they don't have one in Madison!
Post a Comment