Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bathroom Madness

That title makes it sound really interesting and intriguing doesn't it?  Our kids bathroom is still torn up.  We were waiting for a friend to come help Kent with the floor boards.  Today they got it done.

That gray stuff is dryer lint.  Our dryer exhaust has to go from the laundry closet next to the bathroom through several walls and finally out the door.  Apparently lots of lint gets out of the pipe, creating a linty fire hazard.


New floor complete with new toilet flange.  I am actually kind of excited about the new flange.  Why, you ask?  I will tell you why.  The old flange was just not doing the job right.  Kent had to use 3 (count them) wax rings to get the toilet to seal when we replaced "big blue" (the beloved blue throne).  Now with the new flange we will get a super awesome seal with only 1 wax ring.  Excitement, people!  (Hey, you'd be excited if you didn't have to worry about toilet water leaking in your basement and getting your carpet all wet.)
Now that the floor is in we can finally start the tile and get that room put back together!  Hopefully it will be done by next weekend.  I want my kids to be able to use their own bathroom again.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I loved the title! Very intriguing! I can't wait to see this project when it is finished. You guys are working so hard!