Thursday, September 27, 2012

California! Part 1

 I know there have been many, many people who have been DYING to see the pictures of our trip to California.  Ok, well, at least my in-laws are interested.  They have to be interested- they are family.  Maybe someone else still reads my blog.  Who knows.  It's been slow around here.  On the blog that is, not in life.   It would help if I wrote more regularly. It seems that my Inner Blogging Voice has been replaced by my Inner Try-To-Keep-Track-of-Everything Voice.  And the voice that reprimands me for forgetting things like orthodontist appointments that I scheduled a month ago and didn't get the email reminder for until I became a delinquent no show.  Anyway, I will stop digressing and get back to California.

We wanted to take a trip to Cali this summer sometime and debated when to do it.  We finally decided to go in September when it would be less crowded and cheaper and when we didn't have a bunch of other stuff to do.








Whew, that was a lot of pictures. If you think THAT was a lot you should have seen what was on my camera.  That is why it has taken me a week to even attempt blogging and photo editing.

As you can see, we had a blast at the beach.  The kids loved it.  I loved it.  Kent enjoyed taking pictures.  That is why there is a disproportionate amount of pictures of me compared with pics of him.  I was playing.  He was photographing.  I REALLY wanted to go back to the beach the last day we were there but I could not bring myself to become all sandy again.  That's the only bad thing about the beach.  Leaving covered in sand.  There were no outdoor showers (that we found) so we took a lot of sand back to our hotel.  A lot.  I hope they have sand traps in the showers.

No comments: