This is super exciting. Super exciting if you are into pain and suffering. And embarrassment. Everyone is entitled to do stupid things every now and then right? I took my turn the night before Christmas Eve. Here's the story: A friend invited our family to come along and go caroling in the neighborhood. They were pulling a trailer along and they were stopping at people's houses and picking people up. The trailer started to fill up so Kent and I decided to walk. The trailer had stopped for someone and had just started up again. And I had a brilliant idea: I would run and catch up with the trailer and just hop right up onto the area over the tire. (See photo). Not a big deal right? I am agile. Apparently I am shorter than I remember, however, or the trailer was moving faster than I thought it was, because I missed. I almost made it, but before I knew it I found myself falling to the street, hitting my knees, palms and lastly, my forehead on the pavement. Ow. I got up quickly, trying to pretend nothing happened, hoping all the people in the trailer were looking at something else when I went splat in the road. After the incident, Kent and I continued to walk for awhile, following the trailer. About 10 minutes later I reached up and felt my head and HOLY COW there was a ginormous goose egg on my head. I had a headache for a couple of days after it happened, and on Christmas day my eyelid started turning purple. The bruising continued to make its way downward until I had a big dark circle under my eye. Let me tell you, I got pretty sick of explaining what happened over and over. (Especially because it was my own stupid fault for doing something so idiotic). And of course, the comments about Kent beating me up were pretty awesome too.
I am thankful that despite my stupidity there weren't worse consequences. Like being run over by the trailer and squished in the road. I made sure to point out to my kids what a dumb thing I did and that I could have really been seriously hurt. Lesson learned: Don't ever get on or off a moving vehicle.

1 comment:
Lisa, that seriously looks like a killer! ouch!
Post a Comment