Monday, April 18, 2016

End of the Semester

I have (almost) survived the semester.   It has been much busier than I thought it would be. I had the same amount of credits this semester as last semester and two fewer labs.  I thought it would be less crazy.  Turns out I was wrong.  It ended up being super crazy because of my chemistry class.  My teacher is 1 super unorganized and gives homework and quizzes and tests at random times and does not stick to any type of schedule.  2.  Is confusing when he lectures and doesn't make much sense. Because of this I have had to study the book a lot. It has actually been kind of like an independent study class- only worse-  one that meets EVERY SINGLE day, and has annoying quizzes.  I can't even explain how excited that I only have to endure this class 4 more times.  Unfortunately I still have 3 more homework assignments that are due.  Two of them are due during the week of finals. Who does that?

My other classes haven't been so bad.  Nutrition has been super easy, but has had quite a bit of busy work and homework assignments.  My other class is pathophysiology. I have learned a lot and enjoyed it.  I'd rather do physiology related stuff than chemistry any day.  If I have to learn the Kreb's cycle one more time....

As soon as the semester is over there will be some real partying.  I have an entire month off before my kids get out of school.  WOO HOO! I have been making a mental list of all the things I want to accomplish (or at least work on) while I have this time off.  And some of it might continue into the summer.  I need to work on my art wall in the family room downstairs.  I have several sewing projects and I need to get some stuff ready for the kids sewing camp I am doing this summer to try to keep busy and make some money.  I need to re-do my cookbook binder and I need to get going on the landscaping in the backyard by getting the dirt people there to help with moving the dirt and rocks. and to hopefully get someone to come do the sprinklers and curbing. After that we will probably do the rest ourselves. I am hoping to make some progress on this in the next couple of weeks.


No comments: