I was trying to think of something I could do this summer to keep busy, and make some money too. Thankfully, I don't have to take any classes this summer, and I don't have to go to a daily job. But I did feel like I wanted a little job or something so I could save some money and put it toward all the nursing junk that I have to buy in the fall. (Hello expensive textbooks, not to mention tuition. Still hoping for some scholarships to come in).
I have been teaching my one main sewing student (and occasionally her sister as well) all year. They have told their friends how much they like their sewing class and the word has spread a little bit. I have been asked if I was taking more students. I told them that I couldn't do it during the school year but that I might do it during the summer. So I finally decided to commit to it and I have organized a little sewing camp for kids that I am going to be running through most of the summer. I am still working out the details but I have over a dozen students signed up for different sessions this summer, and I expect to have several more before it starts at the end of May. I think it will be really fun. I'm glad I get to do this instead of study or work at a regular job.

No comments:
Post a Comment