Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Huckle Buckle Monkey Suckle

One of our favorite Family Night games is Huckle Buckle Monkey Suckle. My mom and dad and brothers and sisters might remember this as "Huckle Buckle Bean Stalk". (note: I am really not sure where the old name came from. Anyone?) Since I live in a family with a bunch of silly rhyming weirdos, the game has a revised title. WE couldn't just be boring and say "huckle buckle BEAN stalk"! Never!

So, here's how you play the game: Someone hides a bean bag in plain sight while all of the other people are out of the room. (I think we used to play this with a chalkboard eraser?) After the bean bag is hidden everyone comes in and looks for it. When you find it, you sit on the couch and say: "huckle buckle monkey suckle" or "huckle buckle fickle pickle," or "huckle buckle noodle muckle" (you get the idea.) As soon as everyone has found the elusive bean bag you start over. I think the way we play it is much better than the way we played it when I was little. The hunting for the bean bag is fun. But not as fun as coming up with silly things to say when you have found it. You should see how we play duck, duck goose!


No comments: