Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are home, HOORAY! We had a really fun time on our trip but we were pretty pooped when we got home. Here are some hightlights and lowlights of the trip plus a bunch of pictures:

Highlights:
  • Riding on the waverunner at Bear Lake
  • Playing with all the cousins. The kids were occupied almost the whole time and had a blast with the cousins
  • Having a romantic evening with Kent at his parent's house roasting marshmallows and sitting by the fire
  • Seeing 8 out of my 9 siblings
  • Meeting a nephew and a niece I haven't met before
  • Getting a fabulous raspberry shake at Bear Lake
  • The drive home. The kids were good and so was the conversation
  • Getting to ditch out on my calling for 2 weeks ;)
  • Meeting my new sister-in-law to be
  • Driving through Logan and seeing our old house (I really miss Logan)
  • Getting squeaky cheese at Gossner's in Logan
  • Doing karaoke to "Copacabana" with a Mexican accent. Not sure this was a highlight.... It is true that when you are sleep deprived you have the judgement of someone who is drunk.... Normally I would never EVER sing in front of people.... At least the accent sort of made it sound like I was purposely trying to sing badly

Lowlights:

  • Being eaten alive every night by mosquitos
  • Adele getting thrush
  • Sleeping in a room with kids for 9 days
  • Being stressed out because I was in charge of the activities at the reunion
  • Sand
  • We couldn't get grandpa's boat to work

Pictures:


My dad and mom and 9 out of their 10 kids

Me and my 5 sisters

Ian in the sand

Kent took the 3 older kids fishing one day at Bear Lake. They didn't catch anything but it was good Daddy/kid bonding.



Drew and Michelle (to be married on 8/23/08)

My girls and their cousin Hailey





2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, that was a long vacation.  It looks like you had quite a few highlights and the usual lowlight!  I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

Nat Lud said...

So fun! I love vacation/family reunion time! I too love the raspberry shakes at Bear Lake and also squeaky cheese! YUM! It's always nice to throw some yumminess into the mix.