Thursday, May 7, 2009

Slacker

I can't believe a whole week of May has gone by and I haven't blogged. I keep trying to think of things to blog about but there hasn't been anything exciting going on. We have been spending more and more time outside because the weather has been so warm. I am trying to get my garden ready. I have some parsley that survived the winter and I planted a few things in some cups. They haven't sprouted yet. I have some good turkey poo-fertilizer (aka mulch, don't worry, the bag says it is sterilized) that I need to spread out in the garden but the kids have been playing in the dirt in the garden a lot so I hate to make it off limits. I think I will do that next week.

Adele had another ear infection last week and so she will probably have to get tubes in her ears. She has an appointment with the ear doctor tomorrow. Poor thing.

My kids have 2 weeks of school left. I just can't believe it. May is such a fun month for them at school though because they just keep going on field trips and having parties. I don't think they learn anything in May. They are ready to be done though. I think they are really burned out. I am burned out too with all the homework and papers I have to help them keep track of.


The cute little ones

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Lisa I love reading your blog! And your kids are so stinkin cute! Thanks for posting stuff. I am loving the books you lent me too! Especially the girlfriend's guide one. It is hilarious! And has helped me get over some of my fears. =)
Thanks for everything!

Megs said...

I am suffering from some Blog-block of my own.
Poor Adele! I am sorry her ears are not being nice, I hope it all goes smoothly!
My girls next track break starts May 26th, we are going to visit my family during that break but hopefully we will have some time to come north and visit y'all- the kids would have a blast! :D I'll have to call and find out when would be good for you.
I gotta say I have been really happy with year-round school, it is nice not to have to keep the kids occupied for longer than 3-4 wks at a time! Plus it is so dirty hot here in the summer it is better if they are in school part of the time so I don't go NUTS from them being trapped inside with me! ;)