Sunday, September 27, 2009

Making Butter

As you know we have been buying milk at a local farm. The milk has cream on the top and we have been using the cream to make butter. We have all been building up our arm muscles with all that shaking!

After we strain it we use the buttermilk in our pancakes. It has been really fun for our family to do some of these "pioneery" things.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Wow Lisa. I would just put it in the mixer :) but you do have good looking arms. I bet it is really tasty butter.

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Sally, the lady at the farm told me that I couldn't use my mixer because it would break apart the fats. She told me to either shake it or churn it. Since I lent out my butter churn I had to shake it. ;)

kristenita said...

wow, you are awesome. but I worry that you may be living too close to Colorado City...