Thursday, March 25, 2010

Outwit, Outplay, Outlast

Adele is ready to say goodbye to diapers forever (at least during the day). With all the stripping going on I have decided that she is "ready". It's one of those things where you just have to make the decision and stick with it. Despite accidents. Despite messes. Despite more and more laundry. It must be done. I was talking to one of my sisters about it the other day and she said, "You just have to do it. Take the diapers away and don't give them back ever. Eventually she'll get it." It reminded me of Survivor. Actually, any power struggle can be approached this way. And I am a "Love and Logic" follower so I really avoid power struggles at all costs. But if I get in one, I must win. I must outwit, outplay and most importantly OUTLAST. So we are taking the "Survivor Approach" to potty training. I will outlast. And for the first time in 10, yes ten years I won't have to buy diapers again (until I have to buy them for my aged parents or spouse, and we aren't even GOIN' there right now!!! lol! Oooh, just think of the MONEY I'll save! I can go out to lunch 3 or 4 more times a month with the savings!!! (Not that I will necessarily...)

Adele has actually been doing pretty well. We are on Day 3 and only 36 more to go until we know who the ultimate survivor will be. I should write a book. Forget potty training in one day, we know that doesn't work. But "The Survivor Approach to Potty Training: 39 Days to Diaper Immunity" would be a GREAT book.

Here I am in my buff (not to be confused with "in THE buff"), ready to go. Love the farmer tan. That's one thing you don't see too often on Survivor. Oh, and I have about 200% more bodily coverage.

As if on cue, Adele just came to me without any pants or underpants on. She just wet her pants. Let's see. That makes 4 times today. She does great when I put her on the toilet every hour. She has more trouble when she has to think of it on her own.

I WILL OUTLAST!

3 comments:

Nat Lud said...

You go girl! Hopefully when the tribe has spoken, your torch will be the last one lit! (Yup, totally a Survivor fan!) I giggled when you said you were 200% more covered than they are. So true. I'm amazed that there aren't more wardrobe malfunctions with what those crazies are wearing. anyway, good luck!

leenie said...

Lees, all I can say is you totally crack me up, and I am SO not going to play that game for 6 more months. Bring on the diapers!! But after that, I will definitely buy you're book because I will need it! (so save your diaper money for the next 6 months and when I am done buying diapers too, we'll have to go somewhere fun!)

Michelle said...

Haha! What an awesome post. Good luck with the potty training, sounds tough. We love Survivor too! Have you been watching it this season?