- We have had 2 mysterious fishy deaths this week. First was Tiny. One day he was there, the next day he was gone. He vanished without a trace. We are suspecting Skinnies or Goldie swallowed him whole. We thought at first he might have gotten sucked into the filter since he was SOOOOO tiny but we didn't see him in the filter anywhere. The second mysterious death was Bowser Jr. We found him with half of his tail and body eaten. Again, it is making us suspicious of Skinnies and Goldie. I guess we'll find out who is the cannibalistic murderer and who is dead if this killing streak continues. We do have another fish: Mrs. Sucker. She just eats algae so I don't think she is a fish of interest in this situation. Adele was so funny when we discovered that Tiny was missing. I said, "What happened to poor Tiny?" and she replied, "He got an owie on his brain. Poor little fishy."


I don't know what he does with it but it is a good thing he is a computer guy and not a biologist. Severing and resecting computer parts is much less freaky than doing the same thing to animals. (Ever see Word Girl? It reminds me of Dr. Two Brains with his second brain on the outside of his head.)
Kent has taken each of the kids (except Adele) fishing individually. None of the kids (or Kent) really like eating the fish that they catch but they go anyway. Elise caught 2, Emilia caught 1 and Ian had an unsuccessful fishing outing. Right now we have 1 tiny trout in our freezer waiting for some other fishies to join him so we can cook them all at the same time.
I have finished my back to school shopping. There have been some killer online deals at Old Navy.com and Oshkosh.com. Only 5 days until school starts. I can hardly believe it! I need to make some big and exciting plans for Thursday and Friday.
1 comment:
Wow! Looks like you guys have had a fun end of the summer! I'm glad Adele got the bead out of her nose by herself. And congrats on the job! Sounds like fun! We finally made it to Wisconsin and have our computer set up, so I will try to keep in touch better! =)
Post a Comment