Anyone want to come over for a chicken pox party? We have "the pox" at our house. We aren't really sure where Emilia got it but she did. Apparently the vaccine only protects 9 out of 10 people from getting it. Also, most middle school aged kids have only had 1 dose of the vaccine, where the younger kids have had 2.
There are some advantages: missing school for a week, getting to hang out with her super-awesome mom all week and get special made-to-order lunches and treats. Maybe some restaurant food tomorrow. Not to mention the Wii games and movies from the redbox. I, myself have enjoyed getting to sleep in an extra 45 minutes since the middle school starts an hour before the elem. school. Also, it has been quite nice to cancel lots of activities for the week and just hang out at home without friends over. The worst part: THE ITCHING!!!!! Next week it will be back to normal so we will try to make the best of the itching (Did I say WE???) and enjoy the down time for awhile.

1 comment:
ugh.... I remember having the pox! So not fun. I hope she didn't scratch enough to get scars! I didn't realize the vax wasn't fullproof.
Post a Comment