Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One Year Older and Wiser Too

Another birthday has come and gone.  Next year I will no longer be able to classify myself in the "mid 30s".  I will have moved on to "late 30s".  I am not sure how I feel about getting closer to 40.  When I turned 20 I was excited. There was something about being out of the teens that was great.  When I turned 30 it was a little more of a crisis than I thought it would be.  Who knows about 40. And 50 and so on.  *sigh*. Here I am eating my birthday treat: apple turnovers. *Side note:  My family always makes fun of me when I wear this navy and white striped shirt.  They constantly tell me that I look like a mime.  Or a prisoner.  I think I know what I will be for Halloween this year.  Just gotta find me some red suspenders.

My actual birthday wasn't the most exciting day. You can't really celebrate much on weekdays when the kids have all their regular activities and when you have kiddos at home from school with communicable diseases.  Friday the 23rd was the real birthday celebration.  Kent took me out to dinner to eat some Thai food and then we went and bought my super exciting present (really!)  a small chest freezer for our garage.  On Saturday I went shopping and to dinner with some of my good friends and they were nice to me and treated me to dinner and cupcakes.
.
The kiddos enjoying the birthday treats.

1 comment:

K.B. said...

I did text you on your birthday, but never heard from you. I should have called. Sorry. I hope it was good.