After having been inspired by our good friends Julia and Jacques we decided to try to make creme brulee. At our house one of the kids' assigned jobs is "assistant chef", which the kids all love doing. It was Elise's turn to be the AC so she got to help me make the brulee. After it was done we invited a couple of our neighbors over to share it with us. Everyone liked it except Adele. She thought it was weird so Elise and Emilia were kind enough to eat all of hers. Next time I make it I want to refrigerate it overnight. This time we just didn't have the time to refrigerate it as long as it needed to be so it wasn't as firmly set as I would have liked it to be. It makes me feel so French and gourmet to have my kids walking around the house talking about creme brulee. I wish I would have taken a picture of the finished product. I guess I will just have to make it again.


1 comment:
I have never had that before! I should make it sometime. I love your cute dishes. I need some of those.
Post a Comment