Our first port of the trip was Freeport. It was a nice little island that was clean and scenic. We had planned a beach day and rode a taxi bus out to a nice public beach.
 |
| Maybe Kathy is tall enough to drink |
 |
| Senor Frog |
One of the highlights of the whole trip was spending the day at Junkanoo beach
 |
| Beautiful beach on a beautiful day |
 |
| Getting all snorkeled up with Amy |
 |
| While we were at the beach there were 2 girls that spent probably half an hour taking pictures of each other jumping. Kathy and I made fun of them after they left by taking pix of ourselves jumping. We didn't get a great one of me. |
 |
| Gotta do the legs on the beach picture. |
 |
I found several conch shells while scuba diving. When I was sitting on the beach one of them started moving. It ended up having a hermit crab inside. I gave one shell to a kid there and also put one in my bag. I thought that they were empty. It turns out that the one in my bag ended up also having a crab in it. I wondered if the one I gave to the kid had one inside too. It probably did. They were all found together; a little hermit crab family. We broke up their happy family. Sorry little hermit crabs!
|
There was a whole bunch of different kinds of coral that we saw while snorkeling. We saw several big huge brain corals like the one in the picture. We saw other kinds of coral, a sea star, fish and a bunch of different kinds of anemones. And BARNACLES! So cool. Because I was fascinated and curious I touched pretty much everything (except the barnacles and sea urchins. yow.). There were some cool fuzzy anemones that retracted when I touched them. After I got home Ian was reading a book about coral and it said that it can sting you and poison you. Yeah. I guess I was lucky I didn't get poisoned. I did however, get a scratch on my arm, foot and hand on some type of coral (probably brain coral). It scabbed over and then suddenly a week later it got really swollen and itchy. That was weird. It finally healed and I didn't die, so that was good.
 |
I didn't take this picture but I wanted to add a picture of brain coral. It was super cool and we saw lots of it. Some of it had other coral, anemones, and barnacles growing on it.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment