Our second port day was in Nassau. I had been there before and didn't love the experience so we didn't plan to spend too much time there. The weather was gorgeous which is more than we can say for the actual island. At least near the port. We had been warned by our cruise director that there had been a lot of crime in Nassau lately and to be very careful there. The city was run down and scary looking. We did walk about a mile to the Queen's staircase where I remembered going with Kent. The scenery was beautiful there and we went up the stairs to the street shops that were at the top of the hill. We haggled for some souvenirs ("Hey lovely lady, you interested in dat hat?") and then headed back to the ship. I spent the rest of the day chillin on the ship and enjoying the beautiful scenery and blue water in Nassau.
 |
| Posing by the Queen's staircase |
 |
| Of course I had to take pictures of birds for Emilia (rock pigeons). |
No comments:
Post a Comment