So, here are my 4 incision sites. The belly button (2) is the sorest and the biggest.
Here's Kent visiting me at the hospital. Being supportive (and watching the Superbowl).
And hopefully I have made this one small enough that I don't make anyone totally disgusted, but here's what used to be my umbilicus (belly button). I am really not sure what it will look like under there when we take the steri-strips off. I DO know that it is SORE and bruised though and I have a feeling it won't resemble its old belly-button-self.
I have to go in to the dr. office in 2 weeks for a follow up visit. They'll take the tape off, the stitches out (I am not sure how many there are) and hopefully I will find out what kind of cells my Meckel's was made of. They sent it to pathology so I am sure they'll look at it more closely and describe it. I am interested to find out if it had pancreatic or gastric cells in it. I also have a few questions for my doctor about Meckel's diverticulum in general, and more specifically what mine was doing that was causing me pain. I have been recovering pretty well but I am still quite nauseated from the anesthesia and the trauma to my guts. I hope that will get better soon because I am tired of feeling barfy. The dr. said it would take 7-10 days for it to go away.
3 comments:
Hope it doesn't go past the nausea....I can't imaging throwing up with incisions healing on your stomach. My c-section hurt like heck if I just needed to cough or laugh! OUCH! Hope it heals fast! :)
I think ectopic gastric/pancreatic cells can secrete acid and/or proteases in the gut that irritate the surrounding bowel. That section is not made to withstand those juices. Thats why it hurts and can even perforate.
bv
Lisa... surgery, babies included... you still would look better in a bikini than most women I know!
Way to tough this one out. Am I gross saying that I think it would be cool to see your belly button scars? I dig scars.
Post a Comment