Friday, December 11, 2009
Electricity
Today Ian had a little hands on experience with electricity. He was playing with some friends in Adele's room and suddenly he came running out her room crying. Several of his fingers were black and he said he was hurt. I saw his black fingers and rushed him to the sink to start rinsing them in cold water. Luckily all the black stuff was just on the surface and his fingers weren't burned. I think he got shocked and scared out of his mind. He didn't want to tell me what had happened. I went in Adele's room to see what happened and here's what I saw:
Apparently he touched the plugged in night light with a safety pin. When he completed the circuit by touching the other side of the plug with the pin it shocked him (and must have caused a huge spark). The safety pin was soldered to the plug. We both learned an important lesson about electricity today. I am so grateful that he wasn't badly burned or didn't cause a fire. We'll have to replace the outlet because it is pretty charred. Scary stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh my!! That's so scary. I bet he won't do that again...
Wow, that is scary! Glad he's ok!
Once, when I was 11, I took one of those tiny colored christmas lights out of the string of lights, stretched out the little copper wires to touch them to a plug that I pulled slightly out of the wall. I thought I could make the one single bulb light up and it would be really cool. Instead it exploded :) Luckily I didn't even get shocked!
YIKES!!! That is scary, I am so glad that Ian and your house are still in one non-fricaseed piece! I am going to go on a small metal thingie hunt all over my house, because Izzy would do the SAME thing...or maybe Sam, crud...more stuff to worry about! ;) j/k I am SURE that Ian will steer CLEAR of outlets from now on!!! :D
Lucky fella! I'm sure he definitely learned his lesson! (And now that he's safe, did ya chuckle a little?)
HOLY CRAP! seriously your house could have burnt down, glad you were there! I'm paranoid this kind of thing will happen when I'm running across the street to the neighbors for something and not there
Crazy stuff! That would be pretty scary! Poor kid.....glad he's alright though!
p.s. I love Elise's letter to Santa and the stuffed animals tucked in everywhere! Too funny! Thanks for sharing....I had a good laugh! :)
MaKella(age 3?) did the same thing came running out of the room and shut the door behind her and was crying. She did not want to show me and I think she shut the door hoping I would not go in and see what she did. For her it was a key. I gave that apple apron to Malayna's teacher and she absolutely loved it. You do great work.
What a SHOCKING story....
:)
So glad I found your blog! I went through the last few posts... cute stories!
That is so scary! I'm glad he was okay!
I also loved Elise's Santa letter! So funny. My little sister asked Santa for a puppy this year. She is nine and still believes. My mom has told her no several times, but she's still hoping. Makes me laugh.
-Michelle
I hate plugs...
Post a Comment